The Tec 45 Course with SCUBA SHACK
The Tec 45 course picks up where Tec 40 leaves off and takes your training as a tec diver further and deeper. It is the second subcourse in the full PADI Tec Diver course
What You Learn
- The skills and equipment and planning need to dive to a maximum of 45 metres/145 feet
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
- There would be no time limit to amount of decompression
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies
- Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving
- The Scuba Gear You Use
- You use basic tec diving equipment
The Learning Materials You Need
You'll use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
- tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
The pak includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures. You'll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through the Tec 50 course.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact SCUBA SHACK.
You must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Deep Diver (or hold aqualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Tec 40 (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least:
- 12 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- 6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- At least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by a physician
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the SCUBA SHACK Team members.
- Ask a Scuba Expert
- Download a scuba medical questionnaire (PDF)